Kana Solution released DynDNS Updater version 22.214.171.124 beta.
DynDNS Updater is a widely used dynamic DNS service update client. It is optimized to work with DynDNS but supports many other dynamic DNS services.
Ask for password to access DynDNS Updater
DynDNS Update can be set to ask for password to display the window. This will make the program more secure from unwanted access.
The following screen shots display how it works:
Note: The password is saved inside the DynDNS.ini file, so it is necessasy to keep that file is safe place also.
Specify a fully qualified domain name
You can now specify a fully qualified domain name so that the mail function will work on mail servers that require it.
This version also fix several bugs:
- Added confirmation when downloading hostnames and the box is already filled by other hostname.
- Fixed bug. When the checking for new version and new version dialog is displayed, the checking IP process is suspended until the dialog is closed.
- Fixed bug when force update is required and a non fatal error is resulted. Previously, DynDNS Updater will not be able to do the update, but keep trying. This results in continuous beeping.
- Fixed bug when doing offline update. In previous version, the offline IP address was not recorded so the information displayed on updated IP is not valid.
- Fixed various cosmetic bugs when running on Vista
Although Windows Vista is not officially supported in this version, several tests indicated it works with only minor problems.
If you are using this version, please report the problem, especially if you are running Windows Vista.
To download this version, please visit DynDNS Updater’s Download page.
To get more information about DynDNS Updater, please visit DynDNS Updater’s page.
If you encounter problem running the program, please report it through contact page.
Get more information by using Google search