Kana Reminder is a program which can be used to set a reminder to be triggered at a specified time. It can also be used to run another program at a specified time.
- Can be set to remind on hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, or annually basis.
- Can be set to run a program when the reminder time is triggered.
- Has built in shutdown, reboot, and log off routine to be used to schedule a shutdown, reboot, or log off.
- If a file associates with a program, the Kana Reminder can be use to launch that file. For example, you can specify a WinAMP playlist file. When the reminder time is triggered, because the file associates with WinAMP, it will run WinAMP and play the songs on the list.
- Can be set to remind again within specified time.
- Can run automatically with Windows.
- The triggered reminder window can be set to pop up automatically, and to auto dismiss within specified time interval.
- The triggered reminder window can be set to always on top.
- The reminder data can be secured by giving a password.
- Can be activated using hotkey.
- Configurable reminder sound.
- The reminder sound can be repeated.
- Can use PC speaker.
- Context sensitive help file.
- Simple user interface.
- Run on Windows 9x, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.
- Kana Reminder places an icon on Windows notification area (the area next to the clock). When Windows’ Explorer crashes, all icons on that area usually disappear. Kana Reminder can place back its icon on the area when the crash occurs.
- Can temporarily disable a reminder data.
What’s new in Kana Reminder version 2:
- Custom repetition interval, which can be defined by user.
- Unlimited reminder text can be entered. The text also can contains URL, which when clicked, your default browser will be launched to browse the URL.
- Can displays multiple triggered reminder windows in the same time.
- Notification as popup window, blinking icon, and tray icon balloon popup (can be disabled).
- Tray icon popup calendar window (can be disabled)
- Display tray icon as current date instead of regular icon (the date format can be customized).
- New data file format, which should be able to be expanded to add more functions.
- Automatically update the data file (with confirmation) when needed (when new function is added).
- And many more enhancements.
NOTE: Most of the features added in Kana Reminder version 2 do not have user interface yet, so to enable/disable/customized the features, you need to edit the setting file manually. See this FAQ for more information.
See the screen shots of Kana Reminder version 2.
Get more information by using Google search
- A A A
- Back to top
- Last updated: Sunday, December 26, 2010 9:33 pm